FS#558 - Synchronize did not work... excatly...

Attached to Project: X-Moto
Opened by Cigam (Cigam) - Tuesday, 06 January 2009, 04:49 GMT
Task Type Bug Report
Category Game
Status Unconfirmed
Assigned To No-one
Operating System Linux
Severity High
Priority Normal
Reported Version svn
Due in Version Undecided
Due Date Undecided
Percent Complete 0%
Votes 1
Private No


I had originally Ubuntu Ultimate 1.9 and had been playing Xmoto for sometime. I updated to Xmoto 0.5.0 and then Xmoto 0.5.1 SVN. I had been playing for about 6 months and had been doing the Synchronize just about everyday. I had about 2 WRs, about 22 Gold, about 200 Silver, and about 300 Bronze. I dont remember the exact numbers, but I had a good bit in each medal category.

Near the end of 2008. about December 28th through the 31st I was reformatting my system to be Ubuntu Ultimate 2.0. I backed up all of my data including my original .xmoto folder. I then formatted my system installed the OS, and then reinstalled the SVN version of Xmoto.

I did not copy my .xmoto folder back yet, because I wanted to see if the Synchronize worked. I forgot to download all of the latest levels before I clicked Synchronize, but it did download I think all of my data. At this point I had 2 WRs and 7 Gold being displayed. I thought this was just what I had based upon the few levels that Xmoto defaulted with. So I downloaded all of the latest levels and then did the Synchronize again.

I had all of my Statistics (times on levels, hours played, number deaths... and so on.) but the Medal count did not change. So I renamed that .xmoto folder to be .xmoto_old and tried my original .xmoto folder from before I formatted my system. The problem is that it now shows that I have 2 WRs and only 7 Gold. So my previous .xmoto folder did not even show the medals correctly.

So I put the other .xmoto_old back as my .xmoto and tried to play some levels. The other problem is that, even though it kept all of my times, and shows it in the highscore list, it does not consider them to be my "fastest" time in the level. for example:... If I had "00:54" in a level originally as my highscore. When I tried the level now and I got "02:38" in the level. It now considers the "02:38" to be my "fastest" time. If I go to the level info, it stills shows my "00:54" time, but it has my "02:38" time as my fastest and will show the "02:38" as my time in game, rather than the "00:54" which it originally showed.


So in short, there were two maybe three problems:
1: The medal count does not put your times into the correct categories.

2: The times you received previously in levels is not recognized by the game as your "fastest" time, because you can get a slower time and it will now consider it your "fastest" time.

3: and possibly, I think you need to have all of the latest levels before you Synchronise for the medal count to be correct, but I do not know for sure, since my previous .xmoto folder did not even work.

Also as a side note: "Synchronise" is actually spelt "Synchronize".

And I think the "Database" tab should say that it does not keep replays. So recommend that people back up there .xmoto folder if they intend on keeping those replays.
This task depends upon

Comment by Cigam (Cigam) - Saturday, 10 January 2009, 01:59 GMT
Also when I synchronized, it did not keep any of the levels that I had put in my "Favorite levels" section.
Comment by Cigam (Cigam) - Tuesday, 10 February 2009, 21:59 GMT
I think I fixed my medals count...

Recently I copied back my old replays and did an "f5" to reload them, and then like that next day or something I think it fixed it...

I dont know if it was that, or if it was something fixed in xmoto, but I know it was not from an SVN update, because I had updated previously and it did not fix it. I think it fixed the medals because now it had a replay to prove that I had actually passed the level, with just having a highscore and no replays it did not recognize it as a medal.

I dont know if that is the problem or not, but I at least fixed my medal count.